Reporting to the Senior General Manager (Finance), the Tax Specialist is responsible for managing the overall tax compliance for the
company including income tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE, and other tax regulatory bodies. You will support the
development and ensure the execution of the corporate tax strategy across the Group. You will oversee the
computation and calculations of the Company’s tax position across various regional and functional tax
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the submission of all statutory and non-statutory tax returns across all taxes.
- Advises on all tax disciplines, including corporation tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE, and other special-purpose
- Supports the interpretation and implementation of new tax legislation, and participates in and responds to
consultation with FIRS and other State IRS.
- Reviews commercial agreements for tax-relevant issues.
- Provides relevant training both to Tax staff and to colleagues across the business on relevant tax matters.
- Communicating the impact of tax on group KPIs to senior stakeholders in the Company.
- Ensuring systems and controls operate to manage, consolidate and report tax impact on IFRS and other
required reporting numbers.
- Supporting with analyzing tax impact of transactions, regulatory and accounting developments and
communication of key messages to senior stakeholders.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business-related courses
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACTI, ACCA, ICAN, CITN)
- 15+ years of experience in finance with a focus on tax operations for manufacturing organizations. Cement or
FMCG Sectors will be an advantage
- 5 years of progressive supervisory/leadership experience
- Understands State and Federal Tax regulations, with exposure to FIRS and State IRS. Exposure to IFRS and
public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements will be an advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement, influence and negotiation skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Business acumen; shows an understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business; keeps the
tax, regulatory and industry knowledge up to date and uses cross-functional knowledge
- Exposure and knowledge of ERP applications. Experience with SAP will be highly advantageous.